Come mix and mingle with other Financial Technologist’s Tuesday July 30th. Learn about the newest and fastest changes going on in financial technology. Finance is undergoing a massive change some call the “financial paradigm” or “crypto wars”. Laws from 1930-1940 (old right?) are getting broken down with technological innovation in finance. Find partners, talk about your project, bounce ideas, discover LA Fintech.
7pm Mix Mingle Network.
7:30pm Angel, VC, Investor Fintech Panel:
We will get some insight on the fintech landscape from industry investor veterans.
– Clocktower Ventures with Adriana Saman. Adriana focuses on deal sourcing, diligence, and execution. Prior to Clocktower, Adriana was a Strategy Associate in Chase’s Digital Payments team where she worked closely with all consumer-related payment products to develop consolidated roadmaps, business cases, and strategic initiatives. Before joining Digital Payments, she worked at J.P. Morgan as an Investment Banking Analyst focusing on M&A transactions across Latin America.
– Pasadena Angels with Bob Gingrich. Bob was originally a PhD in Physics (Quantum Computation). He has worked in Quantitative Finance for about 16 years. Beginning in angel investing, he joined Pasadena Angels 5 years ago. He has invested in a variety of companies, but primarily looks in the technology and fintech space.
– Stage Venture Partners with Rob Vickery. Rob is a Co-Founder of Stage Venture Partners, which is a venture capital fund that invests in enterprise software and SAAS startups. Stage is a differentiated venture capital fund focused on the seed stage of the technology and invests entrepreneurs pursuing new frontiers.
– Startup Mavericks with Garrett Gilbertson. Garrett is the founder of Startup Mavericks (SUM) an early stage growth consultancy and the Chair of the Band of Angels Los Angeles SiG. Garrett is an entrepreneur, angel investor (Band and TCA), board member, and Afghan War veteran. He has cross-functional leadership and investment experience running startups, seed funds and family offices. Garrett is also an alumnus of Harvard Business School’s Executive Education Program in Venture Capital and Private Equity, BS.C. United States Air Force Academy and M.SC. Pepperdine.
– Unicorn Venture Partners with Dave Lin. Dave Lin is an experienced entrepreneur, operator, advisor and investor of early-stage companies. He is the Co-Managing Partner of Unicorn Venture Partners and a managing partner of Lin Ventures, a family office and advisory firm. Unicorn Venture Partners recent investments include eSalon, Coinbase, Lime, HomeLister and PowerUser. Lin Venture’s representative clients and investments include: Ad Hoc Labs, eSalon, PPG, Shell Ventures and Slack. Prior to Lin Ventures, Dave served in various roles at Maker Studios, OfferBuys.com, GRP Partners (now Upfront Ventures), PriceGrabber, Montgomery & Co and UBS. Dave is a proud alumnus of UCLA and The Wharton School.